We hope you enjoy looking through what we try to do at St Peter's Church. Please click on any of the links above. Perhaps even more importantly - we hope to have the opportunity to meet you.
We are one of three Church of England Parishes in Broadstairs - which is in Thanet in North-East Kent. Together with other local churches we try to share something of God's love for all.
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn or settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast”. - c.f. Psalm 139
The Rev'd Jan Durrans
Priest in Charge St Peter in Thanet, Broadstairs.
Please click HERE for a Brief Introduction to St Peter's
For list of events please go to Notice Board
The Tower has now been saved! So our Fundraising Appeal has turned its attention to its buildings, which are the hub of the local community.
St Peter's Church
St Peter's Church Halls
- the local Community Centre
If you wish to see the progress of our HLF Application, then have a look - HERE
For more details on our fundraising needs, please see ‘Buildings Appeal - Update’ page
Our Purpose is to reach out within the community, worshipping Christ and welcoming all regardless of sex, age, tradition, condition or orientation.
Specifically, we do this through:-
* Our worship, which includes both modern (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) services. These are held every day of the week, with a fine organ and robed choir helping to lead the main services and festivals. Baptisms, weddings and funerals are also a regular part of our ministry.
* Sprats (Parent and Toddler Group) meeting Monday & Thursday mornings during term time.
Children at Sprats
* Home Groups which meet weekly, and where we share Bible passages and/or topical moral issues, prayers and fellowship.
* Various social groups which meet midweek e.g. bell ringers (we have a peal of eight bells), Monday at Seven, a Women’s Group, a Book Circle, a Poetry Group, and a Prayer Hub. Church members also arrange larger events such as Quiz evenings and Suppers.
* Our buildings, which include a beautiful 12th Century church, and two very well equipped church halls which are of course open for the wider public’s use and/or hire. Not only is the main church hall open weekday mornings for anyone to call by for a sit for a chat or free coffee, but we also sponsor a weekly Lunch Club for more elderly members.
The History of St. Peter-the-Apostle Church in Thanet,
Jill Hogben’s tremendous book about our church’s history is available from the Parish Office. Her two years’ research and hard work has culminated in a fascinating and enlightening reference book about St Peter’s for which we are hugely grateful. Priced at only £10 per copy, all profits will go to St Peter’s.
Delivery has come at last !
* Our equally valued links with other local churches - not only the two other Anglican churches in Broadstairs (Holy Trinity and St Andrew's, with both of whom we share a formal Group Ministry) within our parish. We are also founder members of Churches Together in Broadstairs and St Peter’s.