We hope you enjoy looking through what we try to do at St Peter's Church. Please click on any of the links to the left. Perhaps even more importantly - we hope to have the opportunity to meet you.
We are one of three Church of England Parishes in Broadstairs - which is in Thanet in North-East Kent. Together with other local churches we try to share something of God's love for all.
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn or settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast”. - c.f. Psalm 139
"Thank you, heavenly Father, that despite our wanderings at times away from you, you assure us that in Christ Jesus nothing can ultimately separate us from your love". - c.f. Romans 8:31-end
Please click HERE for a Brief Introduction to St Peter's
Appointment of our new Priest-in-Charge
We are delighted to announce that the Rev. Jan Durrans has recently been appointed as Priest in Charge at St. Peter's.
Since being ordained in 2011 she has been the curate at St. Nicholas Church, Chislehurst, which she describes as being middle of the road, Eucharistic and inclusive and which sounds very similar to St. Peter's. She had a varied career before becoming a priest, including working as a parish administrator for several years. She has three sons and two grandchildren and says she is looking forward to meeting everyone in the summer.
The Licensing service was on Saturday 6th August at 3.00.
The latest donation was by Brian and Sandra Calder who have raised over £4,000 through bucket collections, running parties and other activities and as a result presented a cheque for £1,300 to our new Priest Rev Jan Durrans at her first service on Sunday 7th August. They are seen here with Jane Birnie one of the Church wardens.-------
The Tower has now been saved! So our Fundraising Appeal has turned its attention to its buildings, which are the hub of the local community.
St Peter's Church
St Peter's Church Halls
- the local Community Centre
The next Fundraising event: : Friday 23rd September –A Wine & Wisdom evening. –More details click HERE for flyer
If you wish to see the progress of our HLF Application, then have a look - HERE
Please see our article in the Thanet Gazette - HERE
For more details on our fundraising needs, please see ‘Buildings Appeal - Update’ page
A Brief Introduction to St Peter's
Our Purpose is to reach out within the community, worshipping Christ and welcoming all regardless of sex, age, tradition, condition or orientation.
Specifically, we do this through:-
* Our worship, which includes both modern (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) services. These are held every day of the week, with a fine organ and robed choir helping to lead the main services and festivals. Baptisms, weddings and funerals are also a regular part of our ministry.
* A Sunday Club for younger members -which meets during term time, and Sprats (Parent and Toddler Group) meeting Monday & Thursday mornings during term time.
* Home Groups which meet weekly, and where we share Bible passages and/or topical moral issues, prayers and fellowship.
* Various social groups which meet midweek e.g. bell ringers (we have a peal of eight bells), Monday at Seven, a Women’s Group, a Book Circle, a Poetry Group, and a Prayer Hub. Church members also arrange larger events such as Quiz evenings and Suppers.
* Our buildings, which include a beautiful 12th Century church, and two very well equipped church halls which are of course open for the wider public’s use and/or hire. Not only is the main church hall open weekday mornings for anyone to call by for a sit for a chat or free coffee, but we also sponsor a weekly Lunch Club for more elderly members.
* Being located in the historic village of St Peter’s, we have strong links with local groups such as schools, uniformed organisations, and of course the St Peter’s Village Tour. Find us
* Our equally valued links with other local churches - not only the two other Anglican churches in Broadstairs (Holy Trinity and St Andrew's, with both of whom we share a formal Group Ministry), but also the Fresh Expressions New Anglican Church which meets within our parish. We are also founder members of Churches Together in Broadstairs and St Peter’s.