We hope you enjoy looking through what we try to do at St Peter's Church. Please click on any of the links to the left. Perhaps even more importantly - we hope to have the opportunity to meet you.
We are one of three Church of England Parishes in Broadstairs - which is in Thanet in North-East Kent. Together with other local churches we try to share something of God's love for all.
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn or settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast”.
"Thank you, heavenly Father, that despite our wanderings at times away from you, you assure us that in Christ Jesus nothing can ultimately separate us from your love".
[Thoughts expressed in Psalm 139 and Romans 8:31-end]
We are currently recruiting to fill the vacancy of Parish Support Assistant. If you're interested in applying, please see the page on the left, or click HERE
Please see our article in the Thanet Gazette - HERE
St Peter's raised in Parliament! - HERE
Unveiling of the thermometer! - HERE
For more details on the plight of our tower, please see the 'Save the Tower - Update' pages. We are seeking donations and are running a number of fundraising events for this cause, please click here to see the list of events! Thank you for your support.
A Brief Introduction to St Peter's
Our Purpose is to reach out within the community, worshipping Christ and welcoming all regardless of sex, age, tradition, condition or orientation.
Specifically, we do this through:-
* Our worship, which includes both modern (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) services. These are held every day of the week, with a fine organ and robed choir helping to lead the main services and festivals. Baptisms, weddings and funerals are also a regular part of our ministry.
* A Sunday Club for younger members -which meets during term time, and Sprats (Parent and Toddler Group) meeting midweek
* Home Groups which meet weekly, and where we share Bible passages and/or topical moral issues, prayers and fellowship.
* Various social groups which meet midweek e.g. bell ringers (we have a peal of eight bells), Monday at Eight, a Women’s Group, a Book Circle, a Poetry Group, and a Prayer Hub. Church members also arrange larger events such as Quiz evenings and Suppers.
* Our buildings, which include a beautiful 12th C church, and two very well equipped church halls which are of course open for the wider public’s use and/or hire. Not only is the main church hall open weekday mornings for anyone to call by for a sit for a chat or free coffee, but we also sponsor a weekly Lunch Club for more elderly members.
* Being located in the historic village of St Peter’s, we have strong links with local groups such as schools, uniformed organisations, and of course the St Peter’s Village Tour. Find us
* Our equally valued links with other local churches - not only the two other Anglican churches in Broadstairs (Holy Trinity and St Andrews, with both of whom we share a formal Group Ministry), but also the Fresh Expressions New Anglican Church which meets within our parish. We are also founder members of Churches Together in Broadstairs and St Peter’s.