The Harvest Supper will be held on Sunday 24 September in the Main Hall at 6pm for a 6.30pm start. The menu will be steak and mushroom pie with fresh vegetables, and fruit flan with ice cream. A vegetarian option will be available. Please state on the list in the office if you have other dietary requirements. Tea and coffee will be available but please bring your own wine. Tickets are available from the Parish Office, price £9.00.
The Friends of St Peter’s and St Andrew’s Churches are holding a Wine and Wisdom evening on Saturday, 28th October, 2017, starting at 7.00 pm. The evening will be held in St Andrew’s Community Hall, Reading Street, Broadstairs. The tickets are £5.00 each. Please bring your own drinks and snacks. There will be a raffle during the evening. The tickets will be on sale at both Parish Offices nearer to the event.
(NB The proceeds of all events marked * will go to the St Peter's Church Buildings Appeal)
Fundraising Planning dates for 2017.The following events will take place this year:
- *Indoor Boot Fair. Saturday 30th September 9-12pm.LINK HERE
- Have you still got unwanted bric à brac etc? The next indoor boot fair is in the main hall on Saturday 30th September 9am-midday at only £10 per table. All tables are now sold, but please note the date and come and browse and join us for a ‘cuppa’ and cake and what is also important tell your friends and family about it.
- Choral Concert.
Booking Now! Come and join us on Saturday 7th October at 7.30pm another wonderful evening of song-both traditional and modern, with our favourite choirs: The Thanet Community Gospel Choir & The Kent Show Choir. Wine & juice available in the interval. Only £5.50-please book early.
- *Verdi's Requiem 21st October at 6pm. *In St Peters Church Broadstairs performed by *The Merry Opera Company. *Do you remember their two previous visits when they staged *The Messiah*, fabulous, uplifting, interesting, outstanding? No wonder we had good audiences on both occasions. You didn't come, you missed a treat! Can't wait to see them again! What will they do with this intensely operatic rendering of Dies Irae, Domine Jesu, Sanctus, Agnus Die and so on? Tickets available from the Sarah Thorne Theatre Box Office *01843 863701*. £17 No booking fee at this theatre. The remaining tickets will be available for sale on the doors on the night (cash only).
*The Lark by Jean Anouith, translated by Christopher Fry, Friday 3rd November at 7.30pm and Saturday 4th November at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.* In St Peters Church Broadstairs performed by the local dramatic societies, *Broadstairs Dickens Players and Hilderstone Players. *A stunning adaption of the trial, condemnation and execution of Joan of Arc, with an unusual ending. Tickets available from the Sarah Thorne Theatre Box Office *01843 863701* or on the doors. £12 No booking fee at this theatre. Tickets also available from the Church Office (cash only)..
- *Indoor Boot Fair. Saturday 11th November. 9-12pm.
and on Sat 16th December the last one for this year.
- *Festive Fayre. Saturday 25th November 1030-3pm.
- *Wine & Wisdom. Friday 1st December 7pm with a Fish & Chips supper.
- *Christmas Party Evening. Saturday 16th December.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING ON 10 JUNE 2018? I hope some of you will be visiting the OPEN GARDENS event being organised in St Peter's Village on that date, the proceeds to our church. I am appealing for anyone who would like to share their garden AND who lives within walking distance of the church to get in touch with me. We need a minimum of six gardens to make the event viable. The commitment would only be to open from 1-5 pm on Sunday 10th June 2018. Tickets will be sold in advance and on the day and we hope to be able to offer cream teas at the Portland Centre and for the church to be open for visitors. If you are able to help, please contact me Sue Brooks by telephone 604700 (answerphone always available) or by e mail, email@example.com. THANK YOU
And for those who plan well ahead: The Summer Fete in 2018 will be on Saturday 30th June (nearest date to St Peter’s Patronal day)