Buildings Appeal & Fundraising Events
As a result of receiving a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, some local grants, many generous donations and running a series of Fund Raising events, work to repair the Tower has been completed, and the clock and bells are back in operation.
The Blessing of the tower by the Bishop of Dover, The Rt. Revd. Trevor Willmott on Sunday 15th January 2017
However, much still needs to be done to ensure St Peter’s remains as the focal point of the local community with its meeting rooms, halls and other amenities, which serve over 500 people a week. To that end we have now moved to Stage two of our Fundraising Campaign to modernise the Community Centre and to establish a new Memorial Garden to support the bereaved. The flyer detailing this and Stage three, which concentrates on improvements to the Church is in the flyer HERE.
For more information on the events below, please keep an eye on our Notice Board page closer to the dates.
Events for 2017
- Choral Concert. Saturday 7th October. A concert of popular and gospel music by Kent Show Choir & Thanet Community Gospel Choir.
- Verdi's Requiem. Saturday 21st October by the Merry Opera Company-in the Church.
- ‘The Lark’ 3-4 November. The Broadstairs Dickens Players and the Hilderstone Players will perform ‘The Lark’, a play about Joan of Arc- in the Church.
- Indoor Boot Fair. Saturday 11th November. 9-12pm.
- Festive Fayre. Saturday 25th November 1030-3pm.
- Wine & Wisdom. Friday 1st December 7pm with a Fish & Chips supper.
- Christmas Party Evening. Saturday 16th December.
And for those who plan well ahead: The Summer Fete in 2018 will be on Saturday 30th June (nearest date to St Peter’s Patronal day)
Fundraising Committee: Hamish McGregor (Chairman), Roy Brown,Jane Green,Don Bumpstead (Vice Chairman/Finance), Kate McGregor (Minute Sec) , Margaret Smith and Roger Waddell.
Ex Officio members: Rev Jan Durrans and Trevor Hogben (Church Warden).
‘Like’ St Peter’s Church Buildings Appeal on Facebook and help spread the word!
Items for Sale
All available in the Church and in the Hall Foyer.
• Notelets of St Peter’s Church. (2 versions) by Leo Rule at £2.50 for 5.
• Notecards and Christmas cards(A5 size by John Binfield) at various prices, depending on the quantity purchased.
• St Peter’s Cookbook with scores of delicious and locally tested recipes, printed with wipe-clean cover, showing St Peter’s Church-only £5 (limited edition)
Both are in full operation -so try them!